Teacher's Corner - Professional Bio
Hello! This is my eighth year teaching fourth grade at Cambridge Academy, and residing in Greenwood. Previously, I lived in Maryland, where I held a professional certificate in early childhood education (I graduated from Clemson University, SC). I worked near Baltimore in various educational capacities for twenty–three years. My experience working with children and families in private school settings has been diverse.
Prior to moving to Greenwood, I taught second grade at a Catholic School in Baltimore County. My other positions include teaching nursery school early in my career, and then later, about twelve years of experience as an early childhood specialist, where I administered and supervised programs for young children. When my children were both in elementary school, I moved into classroom teaching again. I have enjoyed it ever since!
Career achievements include:
- participated in the start-up of three notable child development centers, two from the ground up and one major renovation, serving as director for each program
- acquired state kindergarten accreditation for the on-site center for the national headquarters of the Social Security Administration
- served as consultant to a physician, equipping two pediatric waiting rooms
- attended two national conferences in Washington, DC (NAEYC)
- invited to present at a Maryland state conference (AEYC), receiving an evaluation of excellence
- co-chaired a two day training for Greater Baltimore YMCA employees working with children
- managed two summer camp drama programs and directed a successful dinner theater performance
- shared in the lives of children and families through the years, including the many individuals I have had the pleasure to teach at Cambridge Academy during the past eight years